Sunday, October 4, 2009

Family Part 1 Kids

On the 1st birthday of my eldest daughter, she was dedicated to the Lord.
Her dad and I made a commitment that day to raise her in the fear of the Lord.

And when you’re a Christian you always have the desire to do the right thing and raise your children in the fear of the Lord and probably it’s constantly your prayer. So has it been mine.
Only I was wondering do I really do what I desire?
Do I raise my daughter in the fear of the Lord?
Do I even tell her about God and introduce her to Him?

From the day she was born, it was my hearts desire to bring her to Gods house and I’m happy to know that she really likes to go to church now.
God is becoming real to her. She asks questions about Him and comes home with stories about God. She also sings songs that she has learned in kids church but I was especially pleased when I heard her sing self made worship songs to the Lord. Glory to God ! She is only 4 (soon to be 5)

I know it is only grace and it is certain that it is not my doing.
All I did was take her to Gods house and try to be an example in serving the Lord.
And from time to time I taught her how to pray and how to stand in faith for instance for her hair loss problem. I told her to pray:’ Lord please let my hair grow back’ and to proclaim ‘my hair will grow back in Jesus name.’
And God in His faithfulness has heard our prayers. Glory to God!
She still has some bald spots on her scalps, but we’re trusting that He will complete the work that He has started in her.


I feel that I haven’t done enough though.
So lately, I’m reading bible stories with her and I’m praying with her and I talk to her about God. I’m planning to do more and more to teach her how to be a Christian.
Last year she said a salvation prayer when she was watching a Christian dvd. Hallelujah ! But she still has so much to learn and to really get to know Him.
.

I’m grateful though, that God has captured her little heart and am trusting Him that He will continue to work in her.
My prayer is that she will get to know Him more and more and serve Him with all of her heart even though she is still so young.
I believe that children too can have a personal relationship with God and God even uses children as well.

Lord, I pray that You reveal Yourself to my kids and keep them close to You.
Let them feel Your love even though they are still small.
Help them to hear Your voice and follow the path that You have chosen for them in Jesus’ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment